Monday, November 10, 2008

Hiking


Sunday after church I met up with a friend, and we went on two short hikes through Shenandoah National Park. It was a BEAUTIFUL fall day, and the first hike we did was particularly fun since it had a long rock scramble with a stunning 360 degree vista. The best part of the day was sharing some great conversation in the car on the way there and on the way home. We discussed the sermons we heard earlier in the morning, books we have read, and a variety of other topics. We enjoyed the beauty of the mountains and laughed with each other a lot. Hopefully I will be able to get in one or two more trips before leaving for Sudan. It was great to get away from Richmond for a day and enjoy a hike with a friend. I didn't think about the details of getting to Sudan, raising support, or work. Sunday I just enjoyed God's creation and reflected on the character God who loves me.


Note: In the bottom right picture my friend is making her shadow tickle my shadow. She didn't know she was in the picture. =)



3 comments:

Beverly said...

That is such beautiful countryside. I was with David in Waynesboro during the month of October and enjoyed the fall colors.

I imagine David wishes he could get away to hike sometimes.

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness! You must tell me next time you come to the Shenandoahs! I grew up hiking there and one of my favorites is that rock scramble you speak of. Isn't it the most gorgeous? I wasn't able to hike it last time I was there because it was raining the whole time. =(

Next time you have to try one of the waterfall hikes. And call me!

linda said...

I love the photo of you peeking over the top of your glasses as you climb the rock. Too cute!