Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Please let me know if you are interested in receiving my prayer letters by email. Just send me an email with your name and email address. ChristineOlmeda@gmail.com
On another note: This is a picture I took of the BEAUTIFUL full moon a few days ago. It was incredibly bright and clear.
Monday, December 15, 2008
I am blessed to be a part of a church that loves missions.
- I went to wonderful missions dinner where I shared more about my call to Sudan and enjoyed a WONDERFUL meal.
- I shared in the joy of a young family being called to serve with World Harvest in London.
I am blessed by God's provision.
- God provided a young engaged couple from RUF who will be able to use the furniture that I won't be keeping.
- God provided opportunities to share my testimony. Even this past weekend I spoke at a local Brazilian church in my very rusty Portuguese.
I am blessed by amazing friends.
- I will be traveling to visit my family in Brazil with a dear friend that I have known for more than a decade.
- I spent a wonderful weekend in State College with my oldest friend from Penn State.
- My mom encouraged me and helped me prepare to speak in Portuguese about Sudan when my first draft was filled with words in Spanish and made-up words.
I have four weeks left in Richmond, and my preparations for Sudan continue. I am so thankful for the ways God has blessed the time I have left in the US as I spend time with the people I love.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
"The bar graph that runs along the bottom represents all of the chapters in the Bible. Books alternate in color between white and light gray. The length of each bar denotes the number of verses in the chapter. Each of the 63,779 cross references found in the Bible is depicted by a single arc - the color corresponds to the distance between the two chapters, creating a rainbow-like effect. "