Monday, December 15, 2008

Preparations

The last months have been filled with many blessings as I prepare to leave Richmond. These are just a few of the ways God has been at work in my life.

I am blessed to be a part of a church that loves missions.
  • I went to wonderful missions dinner where I shared more about my call to Sudan and enjoyed a WONDERFUL meal.
  • I shared in the joy of a young family being called to serve with World Harvest in London.

I am blessed by God's provision.

  • God provided a young engaged couple from RUF who will be able to use the furniture that I won't be keeping.
  • God provided opportunities to share my testimony. Even this past weekend I spoke at a local Brazilian church in my very rusty Portuguese.

I am blessed by amazing friends.

  • I will be traveling to visit my family in Brazil with a dear friend that I have known for more than a decade.
  • I spent a wonderful weekend in State College with my oldest friend from Penn State.
  • My mom encouraged me and helped me prepare to speak in Portuguese about Sudan when my first draft was filled with words in Spanish and made-up words.

I have four weeks left in Richmond, and my preparations for Sudan continue. I am so thankful for the ways God has blessed the time I have left in the US as I spend time with the people I love.

No comments: