Sunday, June 28, 2009

Internet!



(Bishop Bismark logging on for the first time from his office)

I am posting this from the brand new Internet connection at the ECS offices!

Michael and I learned a lot over the past two days while assisting with the installation. I even had a troubleshooting lab practical where one of the engineers installing the system deliberately caused problems by moving connections and changing settings, and then he watched as I diagnosed and repaired the problems. I really enjoyed working with the team that came to install the Internet and computer network. Our very own team leader, Michael, was appointed the Information Technology Officer for the Mundri Diocese, so it was very beneficial to be involved with the installation so that we have some idea of how it all works.

1 comment:

Eric McCloy said...

Michael the Internet Technology Officer! This is an amazing day indeed. I don't think he's held such a high-tech post since he taught MacWrite for $11/hour (ask him about it).

I'm glad you guys are on your way to more reliable internet service.

-Eric (Karen's bro)