Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Package Suggestions

Following Scott's package suggestion example, here are a few things I would love to receive in a package.
  • A letter or note from you!
  • Pictures of you and your family
  • Book suggestions (or a Kindle book gift-card)
  • CD's with your favorite sermons
  • Music CD's that you enjoy
  • Small supplies for science experiments (ex: balloons, food coloring, (Elmer's glue and Borax - when combined make a polymer))
  • Goldfish
  • Pretzels
  • Walnuts, Pecans, or Pine Nuts
  • DVD of a movie you loved
  • Flower or herb seeds
  • Bandannas (very useful and make great gifts)
  • UNO cards or other simple games to play with friends
  • Flavored Coffee (cinnamon, hazelnut, pumpkin spice, etc.)
  • Tea bags (mint and pumpkin spice are my favorites, but I love most teas)
  • Anything non-perishable from Trader Joe's or Elwood Thompson's
Of course please also feel free to send anything you think I would enjoy that I didn't suggest!

Note: I will be returning to America in December so anything posted after September probably won't reach me in time, but I'm sure my teammates would enjoy the contents of the package. =)

Please also put anything that could break or spill in a zip-lock bag.

Letters and packages in envelopes instead of boxes will arrive here much faster.

Here are few things I would prefer you did not include, but if you send them I'm sure the rest of the team or my friends in town will enjoy everything.
  • Candy or chocolate
  • Powder drink mixes
  • Books - I have a Kindle, and we have to pay for by weight to get our packages from Uganda to Sudan.
  • Very heavy items
  • Anything that doesn't do well in heat

No comments: