Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sweet Embrace

I was listening to a song and these lyrics really touched my heart. I long to drown in the sweet embrace of my savior. I am empty this week, and I miss God. My savior hasn't left me, and He promises He never will. Please pray that I would ask God what He wants me to do this week (or not do). Pray that I would rest and delight in God.

When I'm faithless, You are faithful

When I'm lonely, You surround me

And when I am empty, You drown me in your sweet embrace

And when I am broken, You come restore my joy again

~ Ten Shekel Shirt, "Sweet Embrace"

2 comments:

Anya said...

I'm praying for you, Christine.

Did you know that Ten Shekel Shirt will be at Penn State on Nov 3 (Monday night).. remember going to the Jeremy Camp and Mercy Me concert together?

Rachel said...

Hmm...I've felt a little empty lately as well. And yet, in the same way, I know that my God is right there, waiting for me to turn around and seek His face.

Thanks for being so honest cause you're not alone and the encouragement we can give each other is always a blessing. =)

You'll be in my prayers.

~Rachel