Sunday, August 17, 2008

Grace

In my last post I had asked you all to pray for me because I was longing for God. Thank you for praying! I guess this is an update of sorts.

On a particular Sunday over a year ago at church I was talking to a friend about how convicted we had been by the sermon. And then she said something I still remember. She said that the reason that every week she felt like the sermon spoke to her and applied to her life was because every week the gospel was preached.

After work last week I was getting ready to sit down and read, but instead I decided to look over my notes from the recent sermons at church. It was such a blessing to stop and reflect on the truth of the gospel and how the gospel changes everything. I love how God continually brings be back to these truths when I am far from Him.
My faith is like shifting sand
Changed by every wave
My faith is like shifting sand
So I stand on grace
~ Caedmon's Call

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Hi, Christine,
I've been reading down through your posts. Thank you for putting me on your e-mail list for your newsletters. I'm praying for you as you venture forth to Sudan.

I've been reading a blog of a granddaughter of one of the families I worked with in Haiti. She has gone to Korea to teach. I must say there is something about doing this when you're young! It's a wonderful experience. I know God is there to guide your steps and help you all along the way.