Monday, January 19, 2009

Lots of Packing

Things have been moving quickly lately. After packing up my entire apartment and moving to Florida, I am already packing for a trip to Brazil to visit my family. I will be doing a lot of packing over the next several months. =)

My parents got to Richmond on Thursday night. I had hoped to be further along in the packing process, but that just didn't happen. Friday was my last day of work. After saying goodbye to my coworkers and turning in my badge, I headed back to my apartment to finish packing, cleaning, and organizing with my parents. I realized while I was packing that I have A LOT of books! We packed the car my parents rented to the very top and were on our way first thing Saturday morning.

Praise God for a smooth and safe 16 hour drive to Florida!

I will miss Richmond. The last two weeks felt like a blur of details, packing, and saying goodbye. I am really thankful for all the time that I had with friends, and hopefully I will see a lot of them again before I leave for Sudan. Although leaving was sad, I was more excited that I am getting closer to leaving for Sudan. The only time I really got sad and cried was after a potluck with women from my Bible study. I will miss them all dearly. I didn't really have time for long goodbyes, and there are some people who I didn't get to talk to one last time or hug.



In less than 1 month, I will pack up a few things and fly back to Richmond. I am sorry if I didn't get to say goodbye to you before I left. Please give me a call, and maybe we can get together when I am back in VA.

No comments: