Thursday, February 5, 2009

To Brazil and Back



Yesterday I landed in Miami after a 2 week vacation in Brazil. I am back in Florida unpacking, catching up on mail, and preparing to start training at CIT next week.

The last two weeks were a wonderful time to spend with friends and family. I went to Brazil with Melanie, one of my best friends from high school. She is basically a part of my family. We have moments when we don't get along and we have moments when we can't control our laughter. I am really glad she was able to come with me to visit one of our friends who is living in Natal and my family in Santos and Sao Paulo.


My cousins

We were busy the entire trip, but it was still a very restful vacation. We eat great food, we toured parts of Sao Paulo and Santos that I had never seen, and we enjoyed the company of my family. Melanie was even speaking understandable Portuguese by the time we left!

The best part of the trip for me was being able to talk to my family in person about World Harvest Mission and Sudan. Also my uncle, who lived in Africa for several years with his family, shared stories and advice about a continent I have never seen. I am really thankful that I had the opportunity to go to Brazil before leaving for Africa.


My grandparents


My aunt and uncle

1 comment:

Amanda.Wilson said...

looks like your trip was amazing. all the pictures on facebook were beautiful. richmond definitely misses you:(