Monday, March 23, 2009

God is good

God willing, I will be leaving for Sudan in less than a month! Thank you so much for your prayers. God has provided in amazing ways! I have a seat on a flight to Africa reserved, and a date set to be commissioned at my sending church.

Right now, I am finishing up my last week of language acquisition training at CIT. I am not exactly sure what the next few weeks will look like, but I'm excited!

Bittersweet. I think that is best word that I can come up with to describe how I feel. Amidst the excitement and joy of leaving for Sudan, I am also sad to leave friends and family. I am also nervous to be leaving for a continent I have never seen, to learn a language I have never heard, and to serve as an engineer in an environment I have never experienced with new and different criteria and resources. But I know that I can (and must) rely and depend on God. If I ever doubt God's faithfulness or provision, I can just look back at how he has worked in my life over the last year and be sure that God is faithful!

1 comment:

Anya said...

Amen, sister! Bittersweet is a good word. We can rely on God to provide for us, since he is faithful!