Friday, October 16, 2009

Friends in DRC

Here are a few pictures from my visit to Beni, DR Congo. I had an amazing week at UCBC (Christian Bilingual University of Congo) with friends I met at CIT and new friends. We have been on the field about six months now, and it was such a blessing to be able to talk to someone who went through missions training with me. I had great conversations with students, played cards and Settlers of Catan at night, and rested to prepare for the second part of a hectic shopping trip in Kampala.



At the construction site of the new classrooms at UCBC with Meredith

Chelsie and Grant in the teacher's lounge between classes at UCBC
Grant hasn't had a haircut since he arrived in Congo

All smiles
Check out Meredith's tan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christine, thank you and God bless you for how you serve and Love!

Last week I launched a blog debuting in support of HEAL Africa, in Congo, called Stitchable Sisters, about the Hope and Healing God is threading among women and girls in Congo and worldwide:

http://stitchablesisters.wordpress.com/

Please check it out and share with others!