Monday, February 15, 2010

To Uganda and Back


I want to thank all of you who were praying for our team vision retreat. We each had the opportunity to share the vision God has placed on our hearts for ministry in Sudan over the next year. We each also were able to share our personal histories and the stories of how God has worked in our lives. We played water polo, sang praises under the stars, and enjoyed the sounds and smells of rain.

After the retreat, Bethany, Anna (from the Bundibugyo team), and I went to Lake Mburo for 2 days of vacation. We enjoyed beautiful views of God's creation, delicious food, game walks, boat rides, lounging in the sun, and curling up during the rain. I was so thankful for comfortable and quiet spaces to pray and journal!


I am now back in Sudan, reconnecting with friends and settling back into life. My first night back in Sudan I was flooded by the feeling of being home again. Although it was hot and dry when I left for Uganda, and it is now even hotter and dryer. Tomorrow I will give the final exam for the S1 physics class and Wednesday I will visit the dry season garden of county water officer.

No comments: