Friday, December 17, 2010

Decompressing

Last night Larissa and I needed to decompress. I had been grading Physics exams all afternoon and Larissa was working on her expense reports, and we were both mentally spent.

Since it was just the two of us for dinner, we scrounged up some leftovers, and then moved into the living room for a pretty perfect roommate relaxation night.

I set up the projector and DVD player, and we put in disc one of the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice.


I sat down to enjoy the movie and finished giving myself a pedicure. There are few things I enjoy more in Sudan than the feeling that my feet are clean. They don't stay that way for long, but it is still worth it, especially with the Shea It Isn't So Foot Cream that Linda brought for us!

About half way through disc one, we paused and decided to bake Andes mint chip cookies together. Yum! We watched the rest of disc one while enjoying warm cookies and cold drinks (milk with ice cubes for Larissa and cold water for me).

Now that it is the morning, Larissa is off to give her Biblical Counseling exam, and I am off to deliver the Physics grades to the secondary school.

No comments: