Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sad, Expectant, Unsure, Excited...

I'm at the airport in Miami waiting for the first of three flights that will take me to Mundri. How do I feel? Well over the last two weeks I have repeatedly gone through a variety of emotions. I have been sad, expectant, unsure, excited, tired, joyful, etc.

The two months I spent as a missionary in residence at WEPC was a special time for me. Even though I was ready to get back to Sudan, I was sad that my time in Richmond was ending. I said goodbye to my Bible study and the staff of WEPC not knowing when or if I will be able to spend an extended period of time in Richmond again.

This is a picture from about four years ago. While I was working at DuPont, Nomex, the product I was working with, turned 40 years old so the plant was opened up to family members of employees. Since my parents couldn't come I invited the girls from my Bible study, and four lovely ladies came! We are pretending to turn valves that were assembled in a random configuration and aren't really connected to anything. =) It was on the wall of my friend's house and I scanned it while I was in Richmond. Good old memories from Richmond and now lots of good new memories.


I got to do all my favorite things in Richmond from dinner at Sticky Rice to afternoons at Maymont. My last night in Richmond I saw Limitless at the Byrd Theatre. When I was boarding the train to Philly I ran into a friend from church who was headed to DC. Small world.

When I got to Philly I moved in Larissa for a few days, and we were roommates again. It will strange living in our house in Mundri without her for a few months.

After leaving Richmond I visited a few universities to check out some Master's Programs in International Development before landing back in South Florida.

My last week in the US with my parents I packed and organized but we also got to take a walk on the beach as a family and I got to enjoy my mom's home cooking. Today at the airport once I passed security, I looked back to wave to my parents, and they were jumping up and down and waving their hands in the air for me. =) The picture below is the sunset from the backyard of my parents' house.


My time the US was wonderful. I'm ready to travel and hopefully I didn't forget anything important. Pray that my luggage makes it to Uganda unscathed and that my flights all go smoothly. Pray also that the Massos and I won't have any problems finding each other in the London Heathrow airport.

No comments: