Friday, September 28, 2012

Brain Full


One of my classmates mentioned this far side cartoon in class.  That is DEFINITELY how I felt in the middle of my last economic development class.  During the break, all I could think was I have been in class for an hour and half and there is still and hour and half of learning to go! It was all great stuff, but my brain was full! This class in particular felt like a mental marathon, and I had not been training. 

But then today my roommates and I went to a political rally because it was less than a mile from our house.   We kept on making eye contact whenever we made connections to things we had just been discussing in class.  I guess we did retain something.  I understood on a deeper level, and my questions and concerns were more complex than they would have been a month ago. 

So looks like I'm learning something. 

On another note, I was cleaning out some things I had been storing in my parents house a few months ago, and I found this! It was on the cover page of my organic chemistry exam at PSU.  After the exam I cut it out and kept it.  Good times. 


1 comment:

Judith Shoolery said...

I follow your blog along with those of most of your co-workers in South Sudan and Nyahuka and Kenya. Your amazing service inspires my faith and gives my spirit peace. But tonight your blog inspired laughter. I just celebrated my 77th birthday yesterday, but I once taught junior high science, and my brother has been an organic chemistry professor for a zillion years. (He is retiring next year at age 72.) The first cartoon is for me when I took an advanced statistics class in graduate school w/o having calculus; the second is for him. Thank you for your wonderful service(s). Judy in HMB