Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Considering, Thinking, Reasoning




from the poem "A Short Testament" by Anne Porter

I made this image in April when signs of spring were just starting to show up in Philadelphia. I have been thinking a lot about seasons, winter, and spring recently especially in relation to community and relationships.

I generally have several thoughts running through my mind at any given time that are not quite fully formed.  And most of the time I never actually come to a conclusion.

Some days I really wish I could just turn off my thoughts and not spend so much time considering everything. Especially since grad school provides plenty of material that I must consider.

I'm so thankful for the various friends in my life who have been partners in processing and considering so many different topics including God, fractals, mystery, culture, language, community, water, and most of all, how they are related.  =)

Isaiah 1:8 "Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD"

"Science has explained nothing; the more we know the more fantastic the world becomes and the profounder the surrounding darkness." ~ Aldous Huxley



No comments: