Friday, May 17, 2013

A Biblical View of Microfinance

During the fall and spring, realizing there were six weeks left of the semester meant it was time to buckle down and start preparing for the final projects.  The summer terms is ONLY six weeks, which makes it more like a sprint.  We start already talking about the details for the final projects/papers.

I am equally excited about the topics for the two courses I am taking this semester:

1. Introduction to Microfinance
2. Advocacy, Public Policy, and Human Rights

One of the reasons that I choose Eastern University was because even when you take a more technical course like Microfinance, it is approached from a Biblical perspective.

My first assignment is to answer the following question:

What considerations do you think are important for microfinance programs seeking to assist and empower the poor in order that they might be be designed and run Christianly? (Based on a Biblical/theological view of the Kingdom, the Church, and the Incarnation)

So after one short week in Richmond between semesters, I'm back in the rhythm of reading, considering, and writing papers.  And in about six weeks I will be leaving PA and making my way down the east coast back to FL so that, God willing, I can head back to South Sudan at the end of the summer!


No comments: