Monday, March 17, 2008

God, Water, and New Friends

GOD: I am a missionary appointee with World Harvest Mission! Crazy. I will be serving in Southern Sudan to provide safe drinking water in the name of Jesus Christ for two years. Even crazier. After a week of being assessed and oriented I am left with these two statements. I am weak. God is good.

WATER: I could write a lot here about the living water that comes from within or God's provision of water throughout the old testament. I could talk about how Jesus showed mercy during his ministry on Earth. These are all great to talk about, but instead here are a few statistics from UNICEF.

Lack of safe water and sanitation is the world’s single largest cause of illness.
In 2002 one in six people had no access to safe water.
About 4,500 children die each day from unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation facilities.

NEW FRIENDS: My new friends are the staff of WHM and the six other new missionary appointees. I could not be more different than they are if I tried. In fact, the psychological tests we took proved that. =) As we left to go our own ways at the end of the week, I couldn't help but know that we will prayed for. It was a truly beautiful thing to hear how God has been at work and faithful and to just be real with each other. *this is where everyone says awwww*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww :)

Anonymous said...

... and you absolutely will be prayed for, friend.

Dan said...

great to have you aboard!!!