Friday, February 13, 2009

Training

Currently I am in North Carolina, at a training center for missionaries. This morning I sat in a room with people from all different parts of the United States who are all on a journey somewhere. The people who I will be learning and living with for the next six weeks have been appointed by different organizations to serve in Estonia, Thailand, Uruguay, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Germany, France and many other countries around the world.


Since I was appointed as missionary, I have grown to appreciate and love the emphasis that World Harvest places on the gospel. The gospel is a central part of the training here at CIT, as it has been with the Sonship course that I am working through with World Harvest. It is a beautiful thing to see that hearing the gospel impacts the hearts of a room full of people who are going around the world to share the gospel with others. I need to continually hear and believe the gospel.


I also got to start reading What is the What when I got here. I haven't read much yet, but already I am learning more about Sudan. Even though I am still at the beginning of the book, I would definitely recommend it to all of you. I am so thankful for the time to sit down and read.





There is also a library at CIT that has that wonderful old book smell. I will have plenty of time to explore all the books and papers written by past students on countries around the world. I will also have the opportunity to do some research about Sudan and write my own paper. I am looking forward to learning new things about Sudanese culture and history over the next few weeks.

I am really glad that I will have six weeks to spend here at CIT. It is wonderful to have the opportunity to talk to people who are going through the same process of raising support and leaving for their mission fields. I pray that it will be a time that I can rest, reflect on the past year, and prepare to leave for Sudan in late April.

1 comment:

makesomethingoutofnothing said...

I smiled when I read this, picturing you gleefully perusing all the books. :) I started reading that book you mentioned on amazon, and now I'm mad that it cuts off in the middle of his story. I want to know what happens! Anyways, glad you are enjoying your training so far. May God continue to bless you throughout your training! Love, Sharon