Monday, April 20, 2009

Traveling

I am on my way to Sudan! Praise God! I am just over 100% pledged support. Thank you for all your prayers!

I have been traveling a lot over the last month, and I have learned to just go with the flow of unexpected delays and take advantage of the time to pause and reflect. I journaled on a rainy day while sitting in my car waiting for the mechanic at a rest stop in NC a few weeks ago, and today I am here still in Richmond writing on my blog while I wait for the train that I was rescheduled to take to Philadelphia.

After one last stop in Philadelphia, I will be on my to Sudan later this week! I will be meeting Kim in London, and we will travel the rest of the way to Uganda together. From Uganda we will meet the rest of team and head to Sudan a few days later.

Once I got permission to buy a ticket to Sudan, things started to move quickly. I spent two great weeks at home with my parents in Florida. I came through Richmond for a few days to say goodbye to a few friends and to be commissioned at church. I also had the opportunity to attend Sudan Christian Fellowship last night and worship with them knowing that in a little over a week I will be worshiping in their home country.

Now I have all my bags mostly packed, with the exception of a few last minute details. I am very excited to be heading to Sudan this week. There are moments though, when the sadness of leaving my family and friends overwhelms me and I shed a few tears, especially my departure date approaches. Moments like when my pastor was speaking the benediction using the same words he always uses and I remembered that I would not be hearing those words spoken in the same way for a long time are sad. When I call home to ask a quick question about packing or get some advice and remember that communication, although possible, will be much more difficult, I also get sad.

Time has come now to head back to the train station. Please pray for me and Kim as we continue to travel over the next week.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I'll be praying you have safe travels and much excitement as you head out. =) God is with you!

Love, Rachel