Friday, April 23, 2010

Data!

Yes, I'm excited about data. There are a few development and aid blogs that I read occasionally. Today on one of the blogs, I found out that the World Bank has given the public free access to data including over 2,000 development indicators for countries around the world.

http://data.worldbank.org/

Check it out if you are interested. They have data by country, and I briefly took a look at Sudan. Hopefully I will be able to check out more of the website when we are in Kampala with good internet. If you choose to look at the data about Sudan, keep in mind that statistics for Sudan as a whole can often be misleading because of the disparity in development between the north and the south.

1 comment:

Tiffanie Chan said...

Hi Christine! My family kind of loves data. Not sure if you've seen aiddata.org, but it's a new site that my brother works for. I wonder if its helpful to you!
Here's a link to his blog post about Haiti: http://blog.aiddata.org/2010/04/last-week-at-unus-sponsored.html