Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Birthdays Around the World

My first full day in Sudan last year was May 1st, which just happened to be my 25th birthday. At dinner, Karen asked me where I had been for every fifth birthday in my life.

*3 years old*

I was born in Stamford, CT
I celebrated my 5th birthday in Darien, CT
I turned 10 in Mexico City, Mexico
I was living in South Florida for my 15th birthday
I was studying for finals at Penn State on my 20th birthday
And I landed in Mundri, Sudan for my 25th birthday.

I turned 24 in Richmond, VA, was in Sudan at 25, I will be in Uganda for my 26th birthday, and I have no idea where God will lead me for my 27th birthday!


*lunch with the ChE girls for my 21st birthday*

I'm excited to see how God continues His story in my life over the next year.

Want to send me a birthday card or letter? If you mail it to the following address, I will probably get it in about a month at the WHM Retreat.

Christine O. c/o World Harvest Mission
101 West Ave. Suite 305
Jenkintown, PA, 19046

Bonus points to anyone not in the picture who can identify where we had lunch for my 21st birthday. =)

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The corner room, of course!

happy birthday friend--praying for your safe travels :o)

--Janalyn

linda said...

YAY! The Corner Room! I remember that birthday well. I miss you Christine :)

Love,
Linda