Thursday, August 29, 2013

Traveling Mercies

Thank you so much for your prayers as I traveled!!!  Everything that could go right, did go right!

Here are just a few traveling tidbits:

I really do dislike packing, but I've honed my skills as I have racked up the frequent flyer miles.  And yes, I'm the girl who wheels enormous trunks in the out doors of the supermarket to use the large scale.  =)



After four long flights, I was so happy to be greeted in Uganda by the familiar smiling face of my favorite Ugandan driver, David.

The next morning six women from the South Sudan team piled into the Hilux and headed to Fort Portal for the weekend to celebrate Bethany's birthday and connect with some of the WHM Uganda team.

These pictures don't do justice to the stunning beauty of the crater lake and the tea plantation at dusk.




Even when small things went wrong, God provided little mercies to make it right again.  For example, when I realized that my sunglasses were broken, I happened to be standing directly in front of an eye glass shop in Kampala!  I was able to get them repaired in about 15 minutes for for about $2.  =)

My week in Uganda was a real blessing, but very busy with lots of travel and errands.  I am so happy to be back in South Sudan now, unpacked, and jumping back into the familiar rhythms of life in Mundri!

No comments: