Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Little Blue Dress


On Black Friday 2011 Melissa found a great little blue dress with a bright colored flower print in a pile of clothes like the one shown above in Mundri, South Sudan while we were out doing our team Christmas shopping.  I bought the dress for a few S. Sudanese pounds.

The dress was made in Vietnam and then made its way to a clothing rack at an Old Navy in the US.  It was purchased and then somehow made its way to East Africa.


I wore the dress for Thanksgiving 2012 on Staten Island with a cardigan and tights to help it make the transition from summer to fall.



Now the dress is with me on spring break in Brazil airing out on the balcony of my aunt and uncle's apartment after a long flight in a suitcase.  Who knows what other travels are in store for my little blue dress.






No comments: